Social Worker Position Overview
The Social Worker works within the framework of social work values, knowledge and method, provides services to patients and their families in relation to social and emotional problems so that medical care is fully utilized, social and emotional functioning is enhanced, and quality of life is improved.
As a Social Worker at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
· Participates in interdisciplinary and interagency collaboration and consultation.
· Master of Social Work
· 2 years of social work practice or student practicum
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association
· ODL May be required... : Possession of a valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past ten years and proof of insurance may be required
· Preferred licensure:
o LCSW : Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the State of Oregon
o LMSW : Licensed Master's of Social Work (LMSW) by the State of Oregon
· Skilled in crisis intervention. High level of problem solving skills required
· Awareness of and ability to access community resources
· Interpersonal communication skills and ability to function in a team environment with healthcare professionals
· Ability to recognize and respond to the human dignity of those served
· Winning attitude, adaptability, and mental toughness
Compensation & Benefits
· Excellent salary, including bonus potential
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous work/life balance incentive
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.