2 years experience working in senior care, planning and coordinating programs and/or events is required:
CPR Certification is required:
Homewood at Williamsport, the original Homewood community, is nestled on 28 beautifully landscaped acres near Hagerstown, Maryland. Resident’s enjoy the stability of this long-established community with mature trees and plantings and all the warmth and charm of Western Maryland.
Our well-appointed Community Center features a chapel/multipurpose room, resident lounge and convenience store along with a dining room, library and other common areas. Residents also have access to the fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub, computer lab, outdoor gardening plots and walking trail.
The community includes:
· Independent Living Cottages and Apartments
· Assisted Living Suites
· Health Care Center and Canterbury Rehabilitation
Develops plans and coordinates the recreation program for primarily the independent living residents to meet their physical and social needs. Participates as part of the team in coordinating this aspect of the overall wellness program.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Develops, coordinates and assists with programs, trips, events and activities to effectively help meet social, educational and physical needs. Utilizes various resources within the community and community at large. Maximizes use of Homewood’s facilities in developing programs.
* Develops and distributes communication/publications such as newsletters, calendars, flyers, etc. in both electronic and/or print in coordination with other team members.
* Is responsible for and coordinates room reservations, set-up, cleanup, decorations, refreshments, etc. in preparation of events and functions. Arranges for and provides transportation to outside events.
* Works with the volunteer director in assigning volunteers to specific functions and activities, making sure the volunteers have adequate materials and supervision. Utilizes the talents of residents in the planning and the implementation of the activity program.
* Facilitates special functions from outside groups and special activities on weekends and evenings.
* Maintains records of all events and attendance, and reports observed changes in resident’s physical and emotional health to the Therapeutic Recreation Director.
* May oversee and be responsible for the audio/visual equipment including any resident Apps and digital displays for this department.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* Two years’ experience in planning/coordinating programs/event and working with the senior population.
* Ability to read, write and understand English well. Excellent verbal, written communication and customer service skills.
* Sufficient computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc., and the ability to use digital, audio, and visual equipment.
* Has compassion, understanding and empathy for the seniors.
* Ability to listen and to communicate to residents at a level they can understand.
* Ability to and enjoys encouraging and motivating older persons.
* Qualities of creativity, resourcefulness and imagination in planning resident activities with attention to details.
* Position may require the ability to drive Homewood’s van and has a valid driver’s license.
* CPR/First Aid certificate.
Must be able to constantly work on their feet during an 8 hour shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergency situations and during unexpected behavior of residents. Must be able to push residents who are in a wheel chair or assisted devise if needed.