New Assisted Living Community :
Interviews will be held in January:
Job Summary: :
The LPN Shift Supervisor/Charge Nurse is responsible for overseeing all care delivery and coordination of care and services for residents on their assigned shift. In the absence of the Resident Care Director, assumes supervisory responsibility for the Resident Care staff and department. The LPN Shift Supervisor will promote hospitality and deliver a high level of customer service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: :
* Complete all move in paper work and assessments on new residents and those re-admitted from the hospital, rehab or other settings.
* Receive and process all physician and ancillary orders.
* Coordinate the ordering and receipt of medications from the pharmacy.
* Complete rounds each shift on new residents and those identified on the communication log or via verbal report with condition changes or clinical concerns.
* Observe residents for any mental or physical changes in condition, identifies the need for medical attention, takes appropriate action including notifying the Resident Care Director, family and physician. Assists with PRN medications based on observed need.
* Assists with the identification of all at risk residents (falls, elopement, skin impairment) and provides necessary, timely interventions under the direction of the Resident Care Director.
* Follow up with resident’s physician and family regarding changes in condition or need for medical evaluation or treatment.
* Assist with the completion and update of resident service plans and level of care assessments as assigned.
* Assist with the medication administration process as needed and assigned.
* Perform ongoing audits of the medication cart as assigned.
* Ensure written daily assignments of resident care and environmental tasks are completed with lead care manager.
* Ensures all Resident Care staff carries pagers or scout phones and respond to resident calls for assistance in a timely manner. Assists with answering calls as necessary.
* Maintains Resident’s Rights while providing care.
* Follows Standard Precautions policy using proper protective equipment and hand washing as needed.
Training and Experience:
* Graduation from accredited LPN program.
* Current LPN license in state of community residence in good standing.
* Six to twelve months experience in related field is preferred.
* Two years of supervisory experience.
* Assist with the delivery of resident care and treatments as needed.