DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (THIS LIST MAY NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE DUTIES ASSIGNED.)
1. Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards. Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves spinal x-rays (AP lateral and oblique). Adjusts/sets radiographic controls. Positions patients and take x-rays of specific parts of the patient's body as requested by physicians. Processes file. Checks x-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed. Distributes x-rays to appropriate medical staff.
2. Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports. Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure x-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies. Complies with safety standards.
3. Cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment's, including determining equipment repairs.
4. Maintains radiographic supplies, film and orders as necessary.
5. Performs additional tasks, special projects and/or duties as negotiated.
6. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
7. Adheres to Methodist Medical Group policies and procedures.
8. Must be able to work with other staff members to foster a team approach to the highest quality of patient care and staff cooperation
9. Must be able to support the clinic efficiency and cohesion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of X-ray procedures and protocols.
2. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
3. Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
4. Skill in positioning patients properly.
5. Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
6. Skill in following infection control and radiological safety procedures.
7. Ability to lift and positions patients for the type of x-ray procedure required.
8. Ability to notice detail in drawings and differences in shapes and shadings.
9. Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
Associates degree in radiological technology from accredited x-ray technician program.
Current ARRT Registration required.
Current Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
One to three years of experience as x-ray tech, preferably in medical practice environment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Assist in patient transfers. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Extensive standing and walking; communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a physician's office;
code: Methodist Medical Group