Resident Services Management:
* Oversee and coordinate personal care assistance and services to Residents providing for the optimum social, health, and welfare of Residents.
* Provides personal care assistance and services when necessary to ensure optimum social, health, and welfare of Residents.
* Communicates effectively and counsels on an ongoing basis with Residents and families both verbally and in writing.
* Monitors and supervises daily personal hygiene of Residents and reports any changes in Residents’ physical conditions to family and physician as appropriate.
* Manages the overall Resident medication program including adherence to physician orders, ordering of new medications/medication changes, ensuring quality of medication assistance to residents, and management of the Pharmacy provider relationship
* Monitors and supervises the Resident transportation program
* Develops and implements daily socialization/recreation program.
* Prepares and timely completes monthly activity calendar.
* Records Resident preference and participation to implement ongoing improvements in the socialization/recreation program
* Organizes, directs, and supervises all functions and personnel in the Resident Services Department
* Directs and supervises staff development and training.
* Provide general administrative supervision of homemaker staff.
* Prepares departmental guides, manual, memoranda, etc.
* Performs classroom based and on the job training to and general development of staff.
* Assists with overall marketing of the Cottage
* Interviews prospective Residents and their families to determine level of care, services to be provided and eligibility in conjunction with the Managing Director.
* Coordinates the move-in and move-out of Residents.
* Functions as Managing Director’s designee in the absence of the Managing Director.
* Maintains communication with Managing Director on all matters and issues.
* Implements established policies and procedures and suggests additional policies and procedures.
* Follows established policies and procedures for record keeping and completing forms.
* Develops positive working relationships with Residents, staff, department coordinators, and Managing Director.
* Prepares and submits accurate reports to State agencies.
* Works closely with the director of food services to coordinate health care and food service needs.
* Performs all work or assigns work and is responsible for satisfactory completion of work scheduled in the Resident Service Director checklist.
* Requisitions supplies and equipment, maintains inventory, and inspects equipment and furnishings.
* Prepares recommendations for ensuing budget year, works within the current budgetary guidelines.
* Reviews all expenditures, establishes priorities and makes recommendations for changes.
* Fully understands fire, safety, and emergency procedures.
* Continues professional growth through current literature, corporate provided training, and self development.
* Additional job-related tasks assigned which may not be listed on this job description or the specific checklist.
Position Specific Competencies:
* Excellent verbal and written communication, including listening skills.
* Current CPR certification.
* Must have two years experience in geriatrics or equivalent.
* Must have ability to supervise and develop others.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Familiar with gerontology and an overall view of health care delivery, including State regulations.
* Must have an overall “caring” personality and attitude.
* High School graduate
* Proficiency in MS Windows, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Must have ability to plan and adapt to change.
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted and 125 pounds per person in a two person lift.
* Must demonstrate proper body mechanics when required to lift or assist in a lift.
* Will be regular in attendance, with the right attitude and attire
* Valid driver’s license in state of employment required
* Ability and willingness to drive a non-commercial 8 passenger van
* Must be ready, willing, and able to recognize the needs of the Cottage.