At the direction of the Security Supervisor or above, carries out all duties and assignments of a Security Officer including
the proper and timely completion of all posts and other task assignments.
Identifies and communicates security issues to Security Sergeant, Assistant Director of Security or Division Administrator.
Recognize and is responsible for the appropriate and authorized use of all Security Department equipment including
radios, cameras, Hospital vehicles, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates/articulates an understanding of the responsibilities of the position, utilizing security policies and
procedure via PolicyTech.
- Verbalizes and applies knowledge of current Department and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Attends staff meetings or equivalent to update knowledge related to current Department/Hospital issues.
- Attends in-services, Net Learning as required/requested to update knowledge.
- Completes annual Department/Hospital competency requirements and documents appropriately on
- Ability to observe and inspect packages.
- Ability to investigate thefts and/or property losses and document on a Security Incident Report.
- Ability to observe, communicate and if necessary restrain adult patients according to protocol/PMCS Training.
- Ability to observe and determine illegally parked vehicles.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent plus one year of military experience preferred.
- Must have and maintain New York State licensing requirement.
Must have and maintain a valid and clean driver's license.
- CPR-AED Heartsaver certification must be completed within 90 days of hire.