· Directly responsible for making every professional attempt to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
· High degree of visibility and vigilance with emphasis on crime deterrence and prevention coupled with guest relations oriented attitude.
The Ideal Candidate
· Communicate verbally and in writing clearly, concisely, courteously, and in a positive manner with patients, visitors, and staff.
· Effectively listen and interpret information and instructions accurately.
· Recognizes that Security is a service-oriented department that requires dedication, flexibility and willingness to take on multi-faceted tasks whether or not they are assigned or part of one's normal duties.
· Analyze situations and be able to develop appropriate responses without constant or immediate supervision.
· Capable of handling and responding to emergencies.
· Generate/recognize innovative, creative solutions in work related situations.
· Quickly size up problems or situations by obtaining and evaluating facts and resources available.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School/GED required
· 5 years of security experience in a hospital setting. Law enforcement, military service or military policy experience may be substituted on a one-for-one basis
· Maintain current driver's license
· Certified through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS)*
· Obtain certification in safety via the IAHSS Safety Certification program and crisis intervention via the Crisis Prevention Institute's (CPI) non-violent crisis intervention program or equilavent.*
*Graduation from a state or federally certified law enforcement academy may be substituted for IAHSS and CPI requirements.