The Employee Relations Specialist provides HR services to internal clients across the company with a focus on employee relations issues. This includes consulting with managers and employees on performance-related concerns; supporting and conducting internal investigations; assisting managers in creating coaching plans for employees; addressing employee concerns with managers and other staff as appropriate; using judgment to determine proper course of action regarding any reported performance or conduct issues; and maintaining record-keeping concerning employee performance; develop employee relations solutions that effectively foster a high performing workplace.
· Oversees corrective action process including conducting internal investigations, properly documents concerns, provides coaching and guidance to managers and employees on employee relations issues and concerns, and engages Compliance, Risk Management, Security, and Legal team as required.
· Develops and executes solutions to address employee relations and performance management issues.
· Mitigates litigation risk by consistently addressing employee relations and performance management issues.
· Coaches managers on how to effectively identify, navigate, and resolve employee relations and performance management issues.
· Ensures self and managers are accountable for documentation and follow-through on employee relations issues.
· Researches practices, creates, revises and interprets policies and recommends procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws (i.e., Fair Labor Standards Act, FMLA, ADAAA, etc.).
· Researches, investigates, and responds to complaints as well as administrative charges received from external governmental agencies under direction of counsel.
· Collaborates with HRBPs, Employee Relations Team, Compliance, Risk Management and Legal on employee relations investigations as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· 7 or more years' Human Resources-related experience required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to listen and remain objective.
· Excellent computer Knowledge and advanced experience in working with spreadsheets, data base management and reporting.
· Expertise with the full range of Microsoft Office Suite mandatory. Experience with Kronos highly desirable.