• Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager.
• Team Leaders administer medications and oversee the Nursing Assistants' care activities.
• Team Leaders are assigned to approximately 20 residents on day or evening shifts, and 38 on night shifts.
• Must work well under stress or tight deadlines.
• Must work well with supervisors, co-workers, patients/residents, family members and visitors.
• Education: Education needed to obtain a valid California State nursing license.
• Experience: Geriatric nursing experience is preferred.
• Cert/License: A valid California nursing license and CPR certification.
· LVMC reserves the right to modify the minimum requirements depending on the needs of the organization.
· Skills/Ability: Demonstrates competent professional nursing skills including: Medication administration, assessment, and documentation. Able to verbally communicate effectively to residents, staff, and visitors. Able to write legibly and informatively in resident records. Capable of planning and supervising the Nurse Assistants' daily activities.