Qualifications include high school graduate or equivalent; must be at least 21 years of age and hold valid driver's license with clean driving record; previous experience in security, military, law enforcement, or related field preferred; excellent communication skills (oral & written); ability to successfully complete standard security training program including Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, defensive tactics, pepper spray, baton, and TASER use; excellent physical condition with ability to pass a Human Performance Evaluation (fitness test) prior to employment. The Human Performance Evaluation consists of:
1. Run/walk 1/4 mile in 3½ minutes with a safe working heart rate not to exceed 80% of a safe maximum heart range to
simulate responding to an urgent call in a timely manner on campus.
2. Drag/pull a sled weighed with 160 pounds 50 feet to simulate moving an incapacitated individual to safety in the event of
3. Climb 2 flights of stairs in 40 seconds to simulate response to an emergency during which the elevators are out of service.
4. Run 600 feet in 1 minutes 20 seconds with a safe working heart rate not to exceed 80% of a safe maximum heart range to
simulate responding to an urgent call in a timely manner in the main hospital building.
5. Demonstrate the ability to lift 80 lbs pounds from 16" from the floor to a 37" high table to simulate the moving of corpses in
the morgue with assistance.