ICU Clinical Coordinator
Critical Intensive Care
Professional registered nurse who provides clinical expertise and hands-on instruction to new and/or current staff nurses in the role as Clinical Coordinator. Instructs the provision of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation in respective clinical area according to policies and procedures. Effectively interacts with the patient, family members and healthcare team members while maintaining the standards of professional nursing. Also responsible for supporting the established philosophy and framework of Nursing Administration, and the promotion of safe, appropriate and cost-effective nursing care. Meets all standards and requirements of LMHS universal job description.
- Assess clinical staff skills
- Coordinates precepting new employees in CCU/ICU
- Coordinates CCU/ICU nursing orientation
- Identifies education needs of CCU/ICU staff and implements education plan accordingly
- Prepares and coordinates patient education material
- Teaches a CCU/ICU nurse to perform crisis intervention
- Teaches a CCU/ICU nurse to administer and monitor thrombolytics
- Teaches a CCU/ICU nurse to administer and monitor Critical Care drugs safely/accurately
- Teaches a CCU/ICU nurse to perform defibrillation, cardio-version and external pacing effectively/safely
- Demonstrates/validates appropriate knowledge with specialized procedures
- Demonstrates/validates proper procedure with specialized equipment
- Teaches a CCU/ICU nurse to assist a physician with invasive procedures
- Teaches staff the proper procedures for rapid response and code blue team and actively participates in these teams when available.
- Current RN Licensure for Ohio and maintain
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Education; actively pursing a Bachelor's Degree, certification in clinical specialty preferred
- Current CPR card and maintain
- Obtain ACLS within six months and maintain
- Interpret/Understand CCU/ICU policies and procedures
- Proficient in ECG rhythm.
- Formulate nursing care plan.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient condition
- Work independently
- Maintain knowledge of new technology and equipment
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.