POSTION SUMMARY: :
Follow established facility policies and procedures in administering medications to residents in accordance with physician’s orders and state law/regulations. Administers prescribed medications to residents and maintains related medical records under the supervision of the Resident Care Coordinator. Must be able to communicate in English.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: :
High School Diploma or Equivalent and training/certification as required by state law.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: :
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers; experience in long-term care preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: :
Demonstrated ability to utilize independent and effective judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
DUTIES OF POSITION::
* Present a professional image: Exhibits a manner that is cordial and respectful. Conservative, appropriate dress and good personal hygiene.
* Communicate effectively: Timely, attentive, respectful, and clear communication whether verbal, written or body language. Displays control and calmness in all situations.
* Maintain privacy and confidentiality: Respecting others’ rights, shares only what others need to know and in only appropriate places, not in public areas or near others without a need to know.
* Anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative, and strive to exceed expectations: Empathize with those who are in need. Seek ways to be helpful to residents, visitors, and the Premier community. Provide superior service by focusing on our customers.
* Be an ambassador for your organization: Be positive and caring as a representative of the Company.
* Be a team player: Support your fellow employees; share your time and talents; be respectful and helpful. Welcome the new member of the department/ unit.
* Know the organization: Seek information; share it with others; always be a resource. Know who is responsible for each area of the Company with whom interaction is needed.
* Assume responsibility for cleanliness: Observe all rules regarding eating. Leave all areas clean and neat. Promote safety.
* Take ownership of complaints: Listen with genuine sincerity, apologize, resolve or report complaint to someone who can resolve the complaint.
* Celebrate Success: Acknowledge your own as well as others’ successes. Be proud!! Participate in departmental or organizational activities.
Mission and Values:
* Shows compassion for others and commitment to helping those who needs assistance.
* Follows compliance program, is sensitive to ethical and compliance issues and appropriately addresses such issues.
Quality of Work:
* Uses integrity, good judgment and problem solving skills in making decisions.
* Produces high quality documentation as evidence by the following:
* Follow established facility and state policies/procedures related to medication administration.
* Administer medications to residents in an accurate, timely manner.
* Monitor residents for effectiveness of drug therapy and occurrence of adverse effects.
* Document resident care related to medication administration, monitoring, effectiveness of drug therapy and occurrence of adverse effects.
* Document notification from physician and follow up as required and per policy.
* Follow comprehensive care plans related to medication administration based on each resident’s needs and his/her comprehensive assessment as assigned.
* Identify emergency situations and provide assistance according to policy and care plan.
* Follow facility Residents’ Rights policies/ procedures. Provide quality care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, and freedom of choice.
* Promptly report changes in residents’ conditions to appropriate individual, and take follow-up action as necessary.
* Perform basic resident care assistance when/as required—includes answering call lights.
* Follow facility discharge /transfer procedures.
* Verify accuracy of narcotics and other drugs; check emergency kit; exchange keys with appropriate staff member, per policy.
* Order, receive and store medications accurately and appropriately.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
* Takes steps necessary to produce excellent work in any task or job that is assigned.