Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Directs operations and maintains compliance with State and Federal regulations affecting the facility’s nursing functions.
* Recommends establishment or revision of policies, procedures, and methods and develops organizational structure and standards of performance.
* Advises and assists Administrator, Medical Director, and medical staff in planning and developing administrative and operational policies and procedures, facilities use and planning, and strategic planning.
* Coordinates implementation of methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives.
* Coordinates, integrates, and evaluates functions and activities of nursing program.
* Consults with Administrator, Medical Director, department heads, and others to coordinate nursing activities with other facility activities.
* Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff
* Analyzes and evaluates overall patient care program.
* Confers with managers and staff concerning problems of patient care.
* Evaluates the education and training needs of personnel and directs development and implementation of in-service programs through subordinate staff.
* Makes regular periodic rounds of Resident care units.
* Develops and promotes cooperative working relationships with other facilities, hospitals, community agencies, and with other departments.
* Directs the preparation and monitoring of nursing services budget.
* Performs personnel management functions such as establishing personnel qualification requirements, drafting procedure manuals, initiating in-service programs, and installing record and reporting systems.
* Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
* Prepares periodic reports concerning patient care service.
* Maintains appropriate communication with Regional Clinical Care Coordinator.
* Represents the facility to foster good public relations with outside groups and agencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.S.N. preferred; Associate’s degree (A. A./A.S./A.A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required; Three to five years long term care experience
Certificates and Licenses: :
Current Registered Nurse License in good standing in state of facility location.