An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Licensed Social Worker PRN - 4 hours per week:
Provide support to residents and their families in coping with placement in a long-term care facility. Be the understanding, helpful and caring person they turn to at this difficult time. Perform assessment at
admission; update as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Perform assessment of the resident at admission, upon change of condition and/or annually; create, review and update care plan and progress notes
* Provide direct psychosocial intervention
* Assist resident’s family in coping with placement in a skilled nursing facility, physical illness, disabilities of the resident, and the grieving process
* Coordinate resident visits with outside services -dental, optical, etc.
* Work with the resident, family and other team members to plan discharge
* Conduct in-service programs to educate staff regarding psychosocial issues and resident rights
* Supervise and guide Social Services Assistants
* Attend and document resident counsel meetings
* Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
* Participates in departmental budget planning and supplies monthly report to Administrator.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
The Social Worker must have knowledge of psychosocial practices applicable to a long-term care
environment and be skilled in directing and motivating the staff. Will work cooperatively as a member of a team. Need to communicate effectively with residents, their families and at all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality. Requires a BSSW, State licensing (if required in State of employment) and one year of experience in a long-term care environment. MSSW preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.