Qualified applicants must have DEA license.
This is a part-time position. Tuesdays Thursdays: 6am-12pm
The Physician Extender will adhere to the vision and mission of the Company.
* Maintains professional standards and follows the treatment policies of the clinic while adhering to all state and federal regulations and accreditation agency standards applicable to individual licensure and narcotic treatment programs.
* Responsible for providing support and training to other medical staff, attending case conferences, consulting with clinic staff and patients regarding treatment and attending staff meetings/training.
* Prepares reports, reviews records and provides counseling as deemed necessary by the Medical Director and/or Executive Director.
* Responsible for assessing new patients and discussing with Physician.
* Conducts all history and physicals.
* Assists in dosing when needed.
* Follows up with patients regarding recommendations from Treatment Team and/or other providers
* Proficient with understanding and applying State Licensure Standards, CARF Standards, 42 CFR and HIPAA standards and Company policies.
* Licensed Nurse Practitioner in the state where the facility is located.
* Training or experience in treating persons with opiate addiction.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Successful completion of State required background check and required trainings (i.e. CPR and First Aid Training).