An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Work in a team providing quality, compassionate care in a secure setting. Provides patient care support under the direction of a licensed nurse and/or therapist. Help impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Responsible for carrying out individual restorative programs designed by a licensed nurse and/or therapist
* Communicates observations of patient condition, preventing patient neglect, abuse and violations of rights and privacy, and promoting continuity of care through accurate and timely documentation and reporting
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to members of the facility team
* Assist residents with ambulation and transfer as needed
* Lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials on a regular basis
* Provide superior customer service and patient care skills
* Demonstrate interest, enthusiasm, and experience working with older adults
* Manage weight program
* Manage toileting program
* Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent required plus a minimum of 6 months relevant experience strongly recommended; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Long term care experience a plus. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure required.