Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization.
$1,000 Sign on Bonus for Full-time!! At Accura Healthcare of Baxter, we are in it for the right reasons; come out and see us to see all of the good things we are doing. We are a company that lives by our mission, "partners in care, family for life". :
Job Summary: :
The LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) delivers quality care to residents ensuring all applicable laws, regulations, and Company standards are met. Reports to Director of Nursing (DON) or other Nursing Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities::
* Must possess the ability to work independently.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the applicable state laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other LPNs, CNAs and non-professional personnel.
* Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the facility.
* Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work as part of a health care team to assess resident needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
* Must be able to evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other health care team members as necessary.
* Must be able to administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, and note times and amounts on patients’ charts.
* Must be able to observe residents, charting and reporting changes in residents’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
* Must be able to provide basic resident care and treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performing catheterizations.
* Must be able to sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
* Must be able to answer residents’ calls and determine how to assist them.
* Must be able to measure and record residents’ vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
* Must be able to collect samples such as blood, urine and sputum from residents, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
* Must be able to prepare residents for examinations, tests or treatments and explain procedures.
* Must be able to assemble and use equipment such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers.
* Must be able to record food and fluid intake and output.
* Must be able to assist residents with bathing, dressing, maintaining personal hygiene, moving in bed, or standing and walking.
* Must be able to apply compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
* Must be able to clean rooms and make beds.
* Must be able to prepare food trays and examine them for conformance to prescribed diet.
* Must be able to wash and dress bodies of deceased persons.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Skills and Abilities::
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Certificates and Licenses::
* Must have attended an accredited LPN program.
* Must be currently licensed LPN with applicable state.
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.