Shift incentives paid for night and PRN nurses.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Administer or assist residents to self administer medications and treatments; measure vital signs and weight; and perform other health services tasks. Communicate with physicians, implement physician orders, and report and document pertinent information. Adhere to home health, hospice, and emergency protocols. Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present. Supervise Resident Assistants to assure daily completion of their duties.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be at least 21 years old.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
* Maintain current professional license if LPN/LVN.
* Maintain current medication assistant related certification as required by state or provincial regulations if Medication Assistant.
* Maintain current CPR certification if LPN/LVN.
* Obtain/maintain current CPR and first aid certification if Medication Assistant.
* Maintain any other certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* All responsibilities are to be performed within scope of practice per state or provincial regulations.
* Administer or assist residents to self administer medications and treatments.
* Measure vital signs and weight.
* Collect, store, and assure transport of certain specimens for laboratory studies.
* Adhere to all medication room systems per policy.
* Communicate with physicians, via fax, Physician Communication form, and telephone.
* Implement physician orders.
* Assure physician orders, laboratory reports, and other data is scanned and filed in resident chart.
* Document pertinent information in Nursing Notes and elsewhere per policy (e.g., incident reports).
* Communicate with Resident Care Manager / AL Managers per policy.
* Adhere to home health and hospice protocols.
* Adhere to emergency protocols, including performing CPR and administering first aid as necessary.
* Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present.
* Supervise Resident Assistants to assure daily completion of their duties.
* Assist in development and revision of service plans by informing Resident Care Manager / AL Manager / AL Managers of current resident needs and preferences as well as successful service approaches.
* Observe for and reports resident problems (as reported by Resident Assistants or Medication Attendants, or as listed in Observation and Reporting sections of Charge Nurse/Medication Assistant Resource or in service plans) and report such problems to Resident Care Manager / AL Managers.
* Read Communication Log at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Communication Log by end of each shift.
* Read Shift Change Notes at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Shift Change Notes by end of each shift.
* Perform other duties as directed by Resident Care Manager / AL Managers.