5 SOUTH - INPATIENT SURGICAL UNIT
A clinical competent registered professional nurse who delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. Prescribes, delegates and coordinates the nursing care provided to patients throughout the health system. Effectively interacts with the patient, significant others, and health care team members while maintaining the standards of professional nursing.
- Recognize and provide appropriate intervention to medically unstable patients, ranging from infancy to geriatrics.
- Safely and accurately administer medications within the scope of RN practice.
- Assist physician with invasive/ non-invasive procedures performed on the nursing unit.
- Formulate nursing care plans.
- Document/Communicate pertinent information regarding patient condition.
- Provide direction and supervision to LPN's, POCT's and other ancillary staff
- Monitor and ensure the accurate and timely completion of physician orders.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of all equipment and procedures/treatments generally used in the care of med/surg patients.
- Maintain patient safety. Identifying patients at risk for falls and following fall risk protocol.
- Obtain/maintain telemetry with medications within one year of hire.
- Current R.N. licensure for Ohio and maintain.
- Current CPR card and maintain.
- Maintain valid BLS certification. (CPR)
- Work independently.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.