Oversee and promote the residents’ health and wellness through regular visits with each resident, resident assessment, and ongoing communication with the resident care team.
* Current state nurses license (LPN or RN)
* Minimum of one year experience in assisted living industry or health care
* Ability to respond during off-duty hours to questions and emergencies as scheduled
* Nursing practices and standards for older adults
* Maintain knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to assisted living
Resident Health and Wellness:
* Meet with each resident on a regular basis to provide health and wellness- checks and answer any health-related questions.
* Review all resident information and complete an assessment of the resident prior to move-in, when changes in the resident’s condition occur, and as required by residence policy and state regulation.
* Review the resident’s medical report prior to move-in to ensure that the residence can provide for the resident’s individual needs and regulatory requirements have been fulfilled.
* Order medications and oversee the resident’s medication schedule for residents receiving medication administration services.
* Ensure proper documentation for medication assistance/administration
* Develop and maintain an up-to-date individual service plan for each resident.
* Maintain ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family and physician regarding the resident’s medical needs.
* Coordinate additional health services the resident may need.
* Assist in coordinating resident transfer to and from a hospital or another facility.
* Assist with counseling residents and families.
* Be on call for medical questions and resident emergencies as scheduled.
* Assist in coordinating residents’ dietary needs with the Food Service Director.
* Review changes in residents’ condition with the Executive Director and resident’s physician/s
* Assess residents and monitor their health.
* Ensure that all infection control guidelines are met.
* Maintain residents’ wellness files.
Training and Regulatory Compliance:
* Facilitate OSHA training and assist employees with OSHA compliance.
* Oversee and assist with training regarding residents’ health and wellness.
* Coordinate state-required training with Executive Director to ensure regulatory compliance.
Physical Job Requirements:
To fulfill job requirements, employee must be able to perform key physical task for extended periods of time. When supporting, lifting or transferring residents, proper body mechanics and safety measures as prescribed by the residence must be used.
In a typical eight- hour day, employee will:
* Stand/walk up to six hours a day
* Sit up to four hours a day
* Frequently support up to 70 pounds
* Occasionally lift/carry up to1 5 pounds
* Frequently kneel, bend, and reach
* Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting of residents as needed