Purpose of Your Job Position::
The RN with Administrative Duties assists in managing the department of nursing throughout the building. The position conducts the nursing process – assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation – under the scope of the State’s Nurse Practice Act of Registered Nurse licensure. The position coordinates resource utilization, timely and appropriate care interventions, and interdisciplinary communication to enhance resident and family satisfaction, adherence to center’s clinical systems and regulatory compliance for the center. The RN Supervisor with Administrative Duties is responsible for collecting, trending, analyzing and reporting data and manages the nursing department in the absence of the DON/ADON.
* Currently licensed as RN in this state; Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
* Must have and maintain CPR certification.
* Two years’ experience as a RN with 1 year nursing supervisory experience preferred.
* Must be able to speak and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
* Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
* Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activities.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
* Must maintain a dependable attendance record and adhere to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
Physical and Sensory Requirements::
* Must be able to move frequently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
* Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this Solaris HealthCare, which include a medical and physical examination.
* Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within Solaris HealthCare.
* Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body; climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting, smelling, near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision.
* May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations. May be required to travel to other Solaris HealthCare and meeting locations.
* Works in areas throughout Solaris HealthCare.
* Some exposure to disagreeable conditions including odor and infection.
* Moves frequently during working hours.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Works with residents, families and other health care staff members.
* Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
* Communicates with the medical staff, nursing service, and other department directors.
* Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
* Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses. May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.