An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Business Office Manager maintains complete and systematic records of the financial transactions and a variety of other business office duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Responsible for management, oversight, and completion of billing process consistent with company policies, procedures and standards.
* Manages and oversees business office functions in records, accounting, billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, inventory and supply management.
* Directs billing functions, including accurate invoicing of all client services. Ensures reimbursement from governmental payers, insurance companies, client’s or client representatives in compliance with company standards.
* Ensures all bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
* Monitors services provided will be reimbursable (monitors tile levels, applied incomes, etc.)
* Manages the Petty Cash/Credit Card.
* Maintains all required and appropriate logs.
* Consults with department heads to resolve errors in accounts.
* Reconciles accounts and provides financial reports to Administrator upon request.
* Tracks census, census summary report, and obtains 24 hour nursing report from charge nurse.
* Interacts with the general public, visitors, families and residents.
* May act in an administrative capacity if so designated in the absence of Administrator.
* Receives and receipts payments in an accurate and timely manner. Records the details of financial transactions in appropriate journals and ledgers. Summarizes and balances entries recording on individual journals and ledgers.
* Receipts, posts, and maintains accurate individual resident trust ledgers to meet Federal and State regulations. Reconciles to bank statements.
* Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
* Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of personnel and resident financial records.
* Understands and adheres to the guidelines of “Residents Rights”.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of two years college required with emphasis on accounting and business. Must have 3 plus years business office experience. Must have working knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting principals, preferably in a healthcare setting to include Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing.