Nature and scope:
Provides laundry services to ensure a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment for residents, staff, visitors, and the public.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* One year related experience in a similar environment with on-the-job training preferred.
* Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Must be 18 years of age.
* Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
* Must practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Cleans linens according to facility procedures.
* Takes appropriate actions to secure laundry chemicals and supplies out of reach of residents at all times.
* Cleans the personal clothing items of residents / patients and ensures the prompt and accurate return of those items.