Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Medical Receptionist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Greet, instruct, direct and schedule department/clinic patients and visitors and provide assistance as necessary.
- Function as a liaison between patients and medical support staff.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of department/unit, but answering phones and providing a variety of clerical support including preparing charge tickets, cash receipts and patient charts.
- CFMH Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinic:
- Collecting payments, processing end-of-day cash drawer, and generating deposits through Epic, as well as completing call reminders and work lists (cancellation/rescheduling)
- Previous receptionist and word processing experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Must be able to read, write legibly and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all levels of staff within the organization and community under varied conditions.
- Ability to sort and file alphabetically or numerically.
- Ability to handle money or operate a variety of general office equipment and computer.
- Successful completion of annual job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.