An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Assist the Activity Director with daily resident activity program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Plan, coordinate, and facilitate stimulating activities programming.
* Create strong and active volunteer program.
* Communicate regularly with resident families and entire care team.
* Prepare and review monthly newsletter and activities calendar.
* Lead group activities.
* Report and document resident’s progress.
* Visits with residents on a one to one basis as directed.
* Evaluates and reassesses activity interventions based on interdisciplinary plan of care and makes revisions as appropriate.
* Ensure documentation meets compliance with regulatory standards.
* Reports to the Activities Director on residents responses and/or progress to specific approaches utilized and maintains appropriate documentation.
* Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using knowledge, skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area. Effectively carries out Activities role as assigned
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
At least one year long-term care or assisted living experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to produce stimulating programs. Strong communication skills required.