Looking for 2nd and 3rd shift.
AIM OF THE JOB:
Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
Minimum of high school diploma or GED required. Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any stated mandated training. Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
CONTEXT AND MAIN CHALLENGES:
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program. Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high standards of honesty and integrity.
MOST FREQUENT INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS and NETWORKS:
* Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
* Excellent interpersonal abilities by being able to give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
* Actively looks for ways to help others.
* Strong social perceptiveness by being away of others’ reactions and understanding why they may react as they do.
* Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
* Provides general attention to clients’ non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care.
* Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promotes the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
* Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
* May prepare and serve meals as directed. Ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen is clean after each meal.
* Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
* Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
* Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
* Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
* Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
* Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
* Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
The work requires light physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting client in activities, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand sit, walk, talk, see and hear. Occasionally required to reach and lift.