The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Director of Food Services.
Duties and Responsibilities::
* Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
* Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Charge Nurse on Duty.
* Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
* Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
* Report to work on time and as scheduled.
* Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to the Director of Food Services.
* Assures staff compliance to all state and federal regulations.
* Complies with schedule as established by Dietary Manager.
* Review menus prior to preparation
* Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident
* Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
* Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
* Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
* Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
* Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
* Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
* Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
* Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
* Review care plans to assure that current dietary information is consistent with foods served.
* Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served.
* Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as our established policies.
* Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times by all personnel.
* Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
* Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
* CDM certification that is in good standing with the State preferred.
* Must have successfully completed all ServSafe educational requirements.
* Must have basic computer skills.
* If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
* Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
* Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.