Nature and Scope:
The Regional Clinical Consultant reports directly to the Director of Protocols and provides consultative services with client/community representatives in assigned regions to promote and recommend best practices in care management, federal and state regulations, OBRA requirements policies and procedures, and compliance in assisted living and dementia care services. Maintain excellent customer service and communication.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* RN license with the State Board of Nursing without restrictions, (compact state licensure preferred) if required to travel to other states.
* Must be team oriented and
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years in acute care, skilled nursing, or assisted living industry with knowledge of quality assurance, performance improvement, care practices and application of best practices in the assisted living industry and nursing practices.
* Ability to provide guidance, education and support to community management
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and state officials/surveyors, hospitals and public.
* Must review and analyze regulatory documents, assist with developing plan of corrections and plans of protections.
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task required.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* High energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
* Must review quality assurance and any other control reports and ensure challenges are addressed.
* Proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
* Experience with financial reporting, managing multiple budgets, and develop plan of actions to address variances
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must have valid driver’s license.
* Must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to attend required training and meetings.
* Maintain consultant status with no direct care provided to any resident or staff at any time
* May provide tuberculin skin testing only in extenuating circumstances when no RN is accessible
* Essential knowledge off professional nursing and care;
* Knowledge of electronic health records and electronic medication administration systems
* knowledge of the principles and practices of health care organization and management; general
* knowledge of the following as they relate: law, business, finance, physician services, nursing,
* pharmacy, dietary, sanitation, diagnostic services, patient activity programs,
* social services, civil and patient rights, and proper utilization of facilities; skill in public relations
* techniques; ability to, organize and work independently; ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations,
* and policies to different situations and facilities; ability to establish and maintain effective
* communications and work relationships with community management and professional consultants; ability to supervise and coordinate work of others team oriented
* Provide consultative and clinical and support to an assigned region in coordination with each executive director and regional director of operations.
* Resident /Family Surveys and Employee/Staff Surveys
* Peer Review- Pre- Post- Survey Assessments
* Deficiency/Deficiencies Review Response
* Plan(s) of Correction, Corrective Action Reports
* Care Help Desk- 24/7
* Identify clinical/compliance challenges through established auditing and review processes and provide clinical oversight and guidance with written reports utilizing a team approach in coordination with the executive director (ED) and regional director of operations (RDO).
* Follow up on all quality assurance reports, local monitoring reports and regulatory issues.
* Recommend and assist with the development of a plan to correct deficiencies and coordinate efforts with the ED and RDO.
* Participate and conduct mock surveys and compliance audits.
* Provide onsite support during state surveys.
* Provide and/or coordinate regional continuing education classes.
* Conduct medication pass observations to ensure proper technique while following medication administration guidelines and infection control practices.
* Provide recommendations for focus trainings based on mock surveys and compliance audits.
* Provide weekly reports to the RDO’s and copy Senior VPO and VP-QA/RC on community compliance.
* Participates in quarterly regional meetings.
* Conduct training as required to address compliance and 80-hour PCA training as needed.
* Ensure safety of residents, their visitors and staff regarding Infection Control, Fire, and Safety policies and procedures.