WELCOME TO AMERICARE!! DID YOU KNOW WE OFFER HEALTHCARE BENEFITS, CONTINUED EDUCATION, ADVANCEMENT AND BONUSES FOR CUSTOMER SERICES!! APPLY TODAY!!
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America’s heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?:
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off:
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Our CMA Trainee is certified to administer medications under the supervision of licensed staff in accordance with state and federal laws, to residents within Americare skilled or assisted living facilities. Our CMA will provide residents with direct care to assure the quality of life in a home-like environment while offering additional support to family and visitors. CMA’s maintain professional behavior while functioning as an interdisciplinary team member and meeting state and federal guidelines.
Administer prescribed medications to residents and maintain related medical records under supervision of a licensed nurse. Verifies the identity of resident receiving medication and records the name of drug and dosage and time of administration on specified forms or records such as MAR. Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication, using specified procedures. Take vital signs or observe residents to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares a report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
Document reasons prescribed drugs are not administered. Gives direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing, and feeding of residents and assisting with prescribed treatments. May receive the supply of ordered medications and assemble drugs administrator to the resident. May record and restock medication inventories.
* Preparation and administration and documentation at appropriate times of all medications other than parenteral unless licensed. May be required to provide resident treatments as ordered by resident’s physician.
* Ability to provide direct physical and emotional care to resident including, but not limited to, personal hygiene, transferring, lifting, maintain records, confidentiality and assistance with activities of daily living.
* Recognize and report in a timely manner any change in resident condition to charge staff.
* Accurately observe, record and report resident care, condition or needs as well as concerns, food intake, output as ordered.
* Administer prescribed medications to residents and maintain related medical records under supervision of licensed nurse. Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage and time of administration on specified forms or record.
* Presents medication and observes ingestion or other application or administers medication using specified procedures. Take vital signs or observe residents to detect response to specified types of mediation and prepares report or notifies supervisor of any unexpected reactions or lack of such. Documents reasons prescribed medications or treatments are not administered. May receive supply of ordered medications assemble drugs for administration to resident. Responsible for counting and documenting narcotics at beginning or end of shift.
* Support co-workers by providing assistance as needed or requested in resident care.
* Report in timely manner any accidents or incidents involving residents, staff, visitors.
* Communicate through report to staff on preceding and oncoming shifts.
* Admit and discharge or transfer residents with proper documentation noted in nurse notes and completion of necessary and required forms.
* Must be able to work independently or with peers to provide care of residents. Must be able to work eight (8) hour shifts unless otherwise designated by supervisor. Must be able to provide first aid as needed.
* Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company requirement related to driving if required.
Training and Experience:
* High school graduate or minimum age of 18 year of age
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, co-workers, visitors and families
* Ability to and adhere to HIPAA regulations requiring confidentiality of resident information
* Demonstrate accuracy in observation, performance and reporting
* Required to work under direct supervision of licensed nurse
* Must become certified after training is completed
* Able to administer prescribed medication to residents and maintain related medical records
* Possess ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing residents needs and ADLs
* Possess ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, peers, family members and visitors
* Maintain resident confidentiality (HIPPA) at all times and adhere to residents rights
* Ability to recognize and adhere to the resident care plan and maintains safe living environment by utilizing safety equipment and communicating with charge staff any notable changes or concerns.
* Demonstrate professional behavior and performance as an Americare employee.