Full and Part Time positions open for all shifts.
The MNA, under the direction of the director of wellness, administers medication to residents as ordered by the residents’ personal physician and/or attending physician and completes delegated tasks based upon individual resident needs and circumstances. The administration of medication shall be in accordance with established nursing standards and follow the policies, procedures and practices of this facility. Follows and participates in the updating of each individual residents’ service or care plan while recognizing “resident rights” and works toward maintaining each residents’ independence, individuality, self-respect, privacy, personal dignity and safety in a homelike environment.
* Successful completion of a medication administration course approved by the State Board of Nursing and the Dept. of Health and Senior Services.
* Possess a current CNA or CHHA license
* Successfully completed the (ASI) Medication Aide Certification Examination and possess a current CMA license.
* Satisfactorily pass a criminal and employment background screening
* Attend in-service programs provided by the Company and maintain required number of mandatory in-services to keep licenses and/or certifications current.
* Must report to work timely and on a regular basis to ensure medications are distributed within the designated timeframes.
* Must be able to apply common sense and understanding in carrying out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
* Must have compassion for the elderly and an understanding of the aging process.
* Must demonstrate patience and tact dealing with residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
* Must demonstrate overall positive image and attitude.
* Must be able to orally express oneself and communicate effectively with residents, families, staff and visitors of AL community and governmental agencies for the safety of the resident.
* Instruct residents in proper application/consumption of medications per the direction of the physician.
* Document medication given, time given or document reason for non-delivery of medication. ie: out-on-pass, resident refusal or other.
* Completes documentation of all assistance provided in MAR, TAR, etc. and all other forms, charts, logs as required by our facility and regulators.
* Takes vital signs and records on the appropriate document or chart.
* Performs inventory of medications and supplies on hand per facility policy.
* Completes “Incident Reports” as necessary (fall or EMS- call to RN immediately)
* Responds to resident emergencies, provides first aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention and follow-up.
* Monitor the health, safety and well-being of the residents at all times, provides residents assistance with adl’s and may provide one-on-one support /visitation to assigned residents as requested.
* Promote and assist with activities programs and encourages socialization among residents.
* Will provide coverage for CNA’s or in other departments as required.