Job Description: :
The Medication Aide is responsible for assisting residents with their medications, assure availability of their medications and maintain documentation to help provide safe quality care. The Medication Aide is responsible for providing professional, compassionate, and quality care for all residents. Medication Aides also assists residents in activities of daily living while encouraging them to be as independent as possible. Under certain state guidelines, Medication Aides may also provide treatments to residents.
Essential Functions: :
* Assist with medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. Monitors response to existing treatment plans, aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors residents for occurrence of such and notifies Wellness Director.
* Maintain all required documentation necessary to ensure that residents’ medications are handled properly and timely in compliance with physicians, company policy and state regulations.
* Maintain residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedure. This documentation includes but are not limited to: medication distribution, incident reports and promptly reporting all changes to the Wellness Director.
* Maintain records of medications released to and returned by any resident or family member in compliance with company policy and State regulations.
* Maintains records of controlled drugs in compliance with company policy and state regulations.
* Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the medication rooms and medication carts.
* Assist residents while adhering to the care plan in activities of daily living including but not limited to i.e. provide showering and dressing assistance, personal hygiene and grooming assistance, transfer assistance, escort assistance, daily reminders, etc.
* Motivate and encourage residents to be as independent as possible, while still providing any needed assistance
* Always treat residents with kindness, respect, and dignity.
* Maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment for the resident. Providing general housekeeping following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchenette, etc.
* Assist and support residents in the participation of activities while providing motivation and encouragement.
* Observe residents’ physical and mental/emotional status, assuring accurate and appropriate documentation, and communicating these observations to the Wellness Director.
* Deliver and retrieve meal trays to rooms as needed.
* Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Also, report changes in residents’ eating habits to the supervisor.
* Serve meals to residents in dining room or apartments. Also, assist in preparing meals following pre-planned menus when needed.
* Promptly responds to all resident care needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by the Wellness Director.
Additional Responsibilities: :
* Attend all required meetings and in-services.
* Be observant and aware of any situations or occurrence in the community that may pose a safety hazard to residents or staff. Report such observation immediately to the Wellness Director.
* If certified and/or trained per state guidelines, provide residents with services in accordance to physician orders in assisting with administration of medications and treatments.
* Must remain on duty and provide essential functions for residents until shift replacement arrives.
* May act as supervisor during the night shift.
* Adhere to company policy for time and attendance.
Desired Skills and Experience: :
* Proficient in written and verbal English.
* Demonstration of ability to establish long-term relationships.
* Interest in working with the older adult population.
* Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all prospects, residents, visitors, employees and the overall community.
* Must have ability to work rotating shifts as needed.