This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Works under the supervision of the Manager and Assistant Managers of the Operating Room. Performs fluoroscopic, diagnostic angiographic and interventional endovascular surgical procedures performed by a Surgeon to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs all diagnostic and interventional endovascular procedures.
2. Assists physicians in performing therapeutic and diagnostic interventional Special Procedures as indicated.
3. Documents all examinations by performing related duties such as labeling and identifying images. Transmits images to PACS.
4. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assisting others, special assignments, cleans work area and replenishes supplies.
5. Assists circulator and scrub nurse in set-up of room before each case.
6. Assists in maintaining inventory.
7. Uses downtime productively by scrubbing in with another CST/RN to learn the scrub role in the OR.
8. Assists with training additional OR personnel in the Endovascular Suite.
9. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of a two-year degree in an approved Radiology program or work experience recommended by the approved licensing agency.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Registered through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
3. Experience: One to two years as an Interventional Radiology technologist, preferred.