The Personal Care Aide (PCA) is responsible for providing assistance with activities of daily living to assigned residents in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as our community’s established policies and procedures.
* Assist residents with all activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, showering/bathing and eating at all times during shift.
* Observe residents’ conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output and vital signs within regulations, and report changes to supervisor.
* Collect specimens such as urine, feces, or sputum.
* Answer residents’ call lights in a timely fashion.
* Provide residents with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
* Prepare, serve, and collect meal trays.
* Clean rooms and change linens.
* Deliver messages, documents to residents or staff.
* Answer phones and direct visitors.
* Adhere to confidentiality policy regarding information concerning residents and employees, HIPPA.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Community Policies and Procedures.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
Skills and Abilities:
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Must be able interact with company chosen software to document resident electronic records.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements of your position including standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects.
* Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport residents, alone or with assistance.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
* Must pass physical requirement, TB test, background check, drug test and maintain required immunizations.
* Must be available to work weekends, extended shift hours, holidays and on short notices.
* Must be Flexible with work schedule and related job assignments
Certificates and Licenses:
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.