The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Wellness Director. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state. You will also serve as Resident Aide as needed.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully and patiently with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must immediately report information concerning a resident’s condition to the shift supervisor.
* Must supervise and assist with the storage, distribution and discontinuation of residents’ prescribed medication.
* Must comply with Policies and Procedures of the community as outlined in the Procedure Manual.
* Must ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding resident rights.
* Adhere to confidentiality policy regarding information concerning residents and employees, HIPPA.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Community Policies and Procedures.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends as needed for the residents.
* Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
Skills and Abilities:
* Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
* Must be computer literate and able to utilize company chosen software.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements of your position including standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise move objects for extended periods of time.
Certificates and Licensing:
* Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide having successfully completed a state approved training program and any necessary examination(s) in accordance with laws of this State.
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.