Provides personal care and support services to clients in a Comfort Keepers established Personal Care Program. Preferred CNA/HHA
High school diploma or GED required. Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of any stated mandated training. Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
CONTEXT AND MAIN CHALLENGES:
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program. Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members. Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high standards of honesty and integrity.
MOST FREQUENT INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS AND NETWORKS –:
* Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
* Excellent interpersonal abilities by being able to give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
* Actively looks for ways to help others.
* Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
MAIN ASSIGNMENTS –:
* Performs duties as assigned on the plan of care.
* Assists the client in assisting with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, and/or ambulation.
* Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed.
* Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
* Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
* Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
* Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
* Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
* Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
* Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.
Please apply at the link.
https://salina-688.comfortkeepers.com/home/careers/submit-a-resume?_jobTitle=CNA HHA/ Personal Care