The Physical Therapist treat residents by teaching them different exercises intended to strengthen or stretch muscles as well as alleviate pain. Prior to this, you’ll consult with the resident on their symptoms and develop a rehabilitation plan. Throughout the process, a large part of your job will include being supportive and understanding. Providing encouraging words is just as important as the physical aspect of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities::
* Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
* Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
* Reports to Corporate Director of Rehabilitation and facility Director of Rehabilitation Services.
* Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
* Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
* Report to work on time and as scheduled.
* Responsible for supervising and training PTA’s and PT Aides.
* Responsible for evaluating the resident within one business day of the written referral from the Doctor.
* Responsible for planning, administering and supervising the PTA in an appropriate treatment plan after evaluation is complete.
* Communicate with the referring physician and members of the rehabilitation team regarding the patient’s total treatment program.
* Maintain an accurate daily record of treatments given to patients for billing and charting.
* Provides in-service education to facilities, supportive staff, students and the Facility.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator or Director of Rehab.
* Follow establish policies and procedures of the Facility.
* Will attain an efficiency standard for delivery of physical therapy services.
* Must meet recognized standards of the professional education and qualifications.
* Must have basic computer skills.
* If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
* Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
* Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.