The Licensed Practical Nurse is to provide direct nursing care to the residents. Such care must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our Community, and as may be required by the RCC Services or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities::
* Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
* Comply with the nursing department’s policies and procedures.
* Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Unit Manager.
* Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
* Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
* Report to work on time and as scheduled.
* Assist in the admission and discharge of residents.
* Assist residents in daily hygiene care including but not limited to bathing (bed bath, shower, tub), oral, ear, eye, facial, hair and nail care.
* Keep resident’s dry – changing clothing and linen when it becomes soiled or wet.
* Assist residents in bowel and bladder functions; collecting specimens when required.
* Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity, and social programs.
* Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
* Report and, when appropriate, document, any change observed in a resident’s condition or behavior to the Charge Nurse.
* Assist in the care of dying residents; provide post-mortem care.
* Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, etc., as required.
* Perform lab tests, blood pressures, and other routine monitored as required per the resident care plan.
* Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
* Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
* Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
* Complete and file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
* Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
* Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
* Must have a valid professional license (LPN) that is in good standing with the State.
* Must have basic computer skills; must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
* Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
* Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.