FULL TIME--PRN--PART- TIME NURSES:
FULL TIME LPN SIGN ON BONUS-- $3000.00:
MUST BE HIRED ON APR. 17TH TO MAY 17TH:
2--DAY SHIFT 2--NIGHT SHIFT:
MUST HAVE VALID VIRGINIA OR:
SET SCHEDULE: 12 HOUR SHIFTS
6:45PM TO 7:15AM:
ACCRUING PTO AND SICK TIME:
Our mission is clear, “To make a positive difference in the lives of those we serve by providing competent, compassionate and outcome based-oriented care – every day.”
We don’t believe in jobs at Martinsville Health Rehab, we believe in careers that match the distinctive gifts of exceptional individuals; careers not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. We are a team, and love working that way. Our team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional Nursing opportunities.
Collaborates in the workflow of the facility and the assessment of patient care in a timely, consistent, and systematic manner. Documents data according to policy Demonstrates effective patient safety techniques and infection control Works as part of the facility team in an effective and efficient manner Performs technical services/procedures according to nursing standards and protocols Demonstrates effective and accurate verbal, written and electronic communication, and participates in facility initiatives and operations. completes Dr. orders direction
* Must possess the ability to work independently.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as theapplicable state laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functionsin the long-term care facility.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously withand supervise other LPNs, CNAs and non-professional personnel.
* Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies,and procedures of the facility.
* Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment andcomplaint procedures.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to work as part of a health care team to assess resident needs,plan and modify care and implement interventions.
* Must be able to evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with otherhealth care team members as necessary.
* Must be able to administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids,and note times and amounts on patients’ charts.
* Must be able to observe residents, charting and reporting changes in residents’conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and takingany necessary action.
* Must be able to provide basic resident care and
* Must be able to provide basic resident care and treatments, such as takingtemperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, givingenemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performingcatheterizations.
* Must be able to sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer,or autoclave.
* Must be able to answer residents’ calls and determine how to assist them.
* Must be able to measure and record residents’ vital signs, such as height,weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
* Must be able to collect samples such as blood, urine and sputum from residents, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
* Must be able to prepare residents for examinations, tests or treatments
* Must be able to prepare residents for examinations, tests or treatments and explain procedures.
* Must be able to assemble and use equipment such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers.
* Must be able to record food and fluid intake and output.
* Must be able to assist residents with bathing, dressing, maintaining personal hygiene, moving in bed, or standing and walking.
* Must be able to apply compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
* Must be able to clean rooms and make beds.
* Must be able to prepare food trays and examine them for conformance to prescribed diet.
* Must be able to wash and dress bodies of deceased persons.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Certificates and Licenses:
* Must have attended an accredited LPN program.
* Must be currently licensed LPN with applicable state.
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.