New Hiring Wage up to $13.50 Based on Experience:
FULL TIME - PRN - PART TIME POSITIONS:
12 HOUR SHIFTS--6:45AM--7:15PM:
2--DAY SHIFT POSITIONS:
4--NIGHT SHIFT-- POSITIONS:
MUST HAVE VALID VA. LICENSE:
OR MULTI-STATE LICENSE:
BENEFITS AND ACCURING PTO SICK TIME:::::
The CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) is responsible for providing routine daily nursing care to assigned residents in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as facility’s established nursing care policies and procedures. Reports to Charge Nurse or other Nursing Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language at the 8th Grade Level.
* Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport residents, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
* Observe residents’ conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output and vital signs, and report changes to professional staff.
* Collect specimens such as urine, feces, or sputum.
* Explain medical instructions to residents and family members.
* Work as part of a medical team that examines and treats residents.
* Administer medications and treatments, such as catheterizations, suppositories, irrigations, enemas, massages, and douches, as directed by a physician or nurse.
* Answer residents’ call lights.
* Provide residents with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
* Must be able to assist residents with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting.
* Bathe, groom, shave, dress, or drape patients to prepare them for treatment, or examination.
* Transport residents to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
* Restrain residents if necessary.
* Prepare, serve, and collect food trays.
* Clean rooms and change linens.
* Deliver messages, documents and specimens.
* Answer phones and direct visitors.
* Maintain inventory by storing, preparing, sterilizing, and issuing supplies such as dressing packs and treatment trays.
* Perform clerical duties such as processing documents and detailing residents’ condition.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Experience: None
* Computer Skills: Must be able interact with automated resident information collection system
* Certificates and Licenses: Must be a graduate of a state-approved CNA program