At Clary Grove, our mission goes beyond compassion and improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Join us and benefit from the Clary Grove difference. Our core values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you’ll benefit from:
· Tuition reimbursement
· Advancement opportunities
· Paid vacation
· Health insurance
· 401(k) matching contributions
· And more!
JOB SUMMARY: :
This position will perform all daily, weekly and pay period close responsibilities related to payroll processing, not limited to proofing payroll but processing early payroll requests. The payroll clerk also completes new hire paperwork as it relates to employee payroll. This position is also responsible for assisting in filing all employee paperwork in personnel files and enrolling employees into the timekeeping system.
* Performs all daily, weekly and pay period close responsibilities related to payroll processing.
* Reviews time cards for accuracy and makes recommendations to change standard hours and status as required.
* Maintains strict confidentiality of all employee data.
* Understands how to calculate overtime, according to federal and state law.
* Ensures timely and accurate submission of payroll.
* Updates employee information for withholding of union dues, if applicable, in a timely manner.
* Sends dated and signed garnishment orders and notice of levies to home office, in a timely manner.
* Archives payroll information according to federal and state regulations.
* Processes across the board increases, if applicable, and annual reviews, in a timely manner.
* Maintains records of vacation time, sick time, personal days, funeral days, holiday pay, FMLA (Federal Medical Leave Act), workers comp and other types of leave.
* Checks for supervisor and/or administrator approval of time detail and inputs missed punches.
* Calculates and submits retroactive payments, holiday pay, vacation pay and sick pay. Answers employee questions about pay, overtime and any other payroll related issues.
* Records worked time, jury duty and other time by appropriate categories.
* Enrolls new employees into time clock and inactivates them upon termination or resignation, in a timely manner.
* Ensures that schedules are input into the timekeeping system.
* Reviews rates, employee status and department assignments for accuracy. Notifies home office of any discrepancies or changes by submitting personnel status change forms.
* Reviews payroll reports for accuracy.
* Collect and submit salary employee timesheets with administrator’s signature to the home office.
* Communicates status changes to appropriate personnel at the home office; including but not limited to, new hires, terminations, benefit enrollments, annual reviews.
* Performs miscellaneous work assignments as may be required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: :
* High School Diploma
* One year experience processing payroll
* Must have experience with Kronos