At Carehaven, our mission goes beyond compassion and improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Join us and benefit from the Carehaven difference. Our core values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you’ll benefit from:
· Tuition reimbursement
· Advancement opportunities
· Paid vacation
· Health insurance
· 401(k) matching contributions
· And more!
Sign on bonus may apply
Provides direct care to assigned residents under the supervision of a RN or LPN. Performs simple treatments and other tasks that do not require professional training or education; maintains compliance with established facility policies and procedures. Participates in educational programs and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
* Utilizes appropriate resources to know the care needs of assigned residents
* Administers showers, bed baths, or tub baths
* Provides oral hygiene including denture care
* Cares for hearing aids safely
* Takes oral, rectal, and axillary temperatures
* Answers call lights.
* Changes bed linens.
* Toilets residents before and after meals and prn
* Passes snacks and ice water
* Assists residents for meals
* Feeds residents who require assistance
* Ambulates residents frequently
* Assists residents in use of walker and/or cane
* Shaves residents (male and female)
* Transports residents to scheduled activities
* Empties drainage bags in timely manner
* Accurately completes all required forms: intake and output, food intake, flow sheet, accident/incident report, resident clothing sheet, CNA flow sheet
* Attends to resident hygiene needs: provides nail care, administer perineal care, cleans glasses, checks residents hourly for dryness
* Notifies nurse of any change in resident’s condition
* Follows facility policy regarding restraints
* Adheres to Bowel and Bladder Training Program
* Must attend, complete, test satisfactorily and pass a state approved nursing assistant program
* Become registered by testing and passing the Nurse Aide Competency Exam and maintain active certification
* Attend required number of educational programs per month/quarter
RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS :
* Maintains the confidentiality of resident’s information
* Honor resident’s personal and property rights
* Understands all rights afforded to residents and acts