Coordination of total resident care. Will perform supervisory work in directing and coordinating all nursing units. Must have had advanced training and broad nursing experience including supervisory duties.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: :
* Works with all charge nurses daily to share information regarding resident care, condition and any other matters that may affect resident well-being.
* Makes rounds to assess resident conditions, giving special attention to those who may be critically ill.
* Ensures that the individual nursing care plan is followed for every resident.
* Performs medication passes
* Participates in resident care meetings
* Answers emergencies during shift
* Reviews incident and investigative reports for accuracy and completeness
* Assists in the development and implementation of the Nursing Quality Improvement Program
* Assists in the training and orientation of nursing personnel
* Assures that the environment of care remains safe and sanitary for all
* Makes recommendations regarding nursing processes to the Director of Nursing
* Recognizes and identifies symptoms and make decisions in event of emergencies
* Coordinates and supervises all nursing functions
* Hold a valid license as a Registered Nurse from the state in which services are provided.
* Maintains current CPR certification
* Experience in supervising others
RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS :
* Maintains the confidentiality of resident’s information
* Honor resident’s personal and property rights
* Understands all rights afforded to residents and acts accordingly