Offering $500.00 sign on bonus for Full Time new hires:
* Status: Full-Time/Part-Time/On-Call
* Shift: Day/Evening/Noc
* Schedule: Various
Provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. Answers residents’ call lights promptly and courteously.
* Ensuring that individualized care plans are followed by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents’ needs / preferences.
* Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals’ care plan requirements.
* Provides care that maintains each resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears plus other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
* Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy.
* Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents’ weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention
* Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials
* Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors
* Attends and participates in resident activities and the execution of the Expressions of My Life programming for Expressions memory care residents
* Incorporates the Life Story and 100 Things About Me information into routine tasks and ADL’s for Expression memory care residents
* Responsible for following universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
* Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
* Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, utilizing appropriate judgment
* Other duties as assigned
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents’ families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the residents and Prestige employees.
* Ensure Residents safety by adhering to all Prestige policies and procedures. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits. Adheres to Prestige policies and procedures including attendance policy.
* Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate work attire. Assists with special projects as assigned and performs other job related duties.
A minimum of three months’ prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred. Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must hold current Certification in State in which services are delivered or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment. Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.
Glisan Care Center:
At Glisan Care Center, we care deeply and are always looking forward to sharing our hearts with new patients, residents and their families. We work to ensure that each person is comfortable and knows that they will receive the best care from some of the most experienced professionals in the industry.:
We offer a wide variety of services, and our programs range from short-term, transitional care to bridge the gap between hospital and home to long-term placement for those unable to manage in a more independent environment. Rehabilitative care and other therapy treatments are available for patients recovering from hip, knee or cardiac surgeries, as well as strokes, wound care, or other injuries and illnesses following a hospitalization:
Our experienced staff works hard seven days a week to help individuals transition from the hospital to home. All programs at Prestige utilize a comprehensive assessment process and interdisciplinary approach to help residents achieve the highest practicable level of independence and enjoy the best quality of life.:
Prestige Care in about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· HSA/FSA accounts
· Employer paid group life and ADD insurance
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
· Employee Assistance Program
· Commitment to career development and continuing education
· Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
· Flexible scheduling
· Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
*Benefits may vary by location: