Location: Must be willing to travel to locations in the Pacific Northwest:
For more information about this position contact:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
The Nursing Assistant Instructor provides direct instruction to Nursing Assistant (NA) students, assuring all regulatory required instruction is delivered in accordance with state specific requirements. Will maintain all compliance-related documentation as required. Ensures NA students are prepared to pass state required testing to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. This position is part of a team of instructors led by the Nursing Assistant Training Program Director. Nursing assistant classes are held at various Prestige Care locations and are six weeks in duration.
* Teach assigned NA classes using effective strategies and principles of adult education.
* Create an environment conducive to learning and student-instructor interaction.
* Maintain accurate and appropriate student, instructor, and course documentation.
* Interact with facilities to assess CNA staffing needs and develop training schedules to meet those needs. Assist with the recruitment of students as needed.
* Ensure all State regulations are met in course curriculum and student-instructor ratios.
* Assure students satisfactorily demonstrate skills prior to performing with patients or residents.
* Provide direct supervision and observation of all student clinical experience.
* Prepare clinical schedule for students prior to the beginning of the clinical experience, communicating the schedule to the facility Director of Nursing and the student.
* Conduct surveys to determine effectiveness of instruction and report findings to the Director.
* Evaluate the knowledge and skills of students before verifying completion of the course.
* Pursue a development plan that provides for personal and professional growth including applicable skills training relevant to adult education and clinical skills.
* Performs other related duties as needed.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, or a Diploma in Nursing.
* Must have a current, unencumbered RN license for the state in which the class is being taught.
* Must have at least one year of nursing experience in a licensed nursing facility.
* Prior teaching experience and/or educational preparation for teaching adults.
* Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success.
* Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
* Individual must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.
At Prestige, we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
* Medical, dental and vision coverage
* HSA/FSA Accounts
* Employer Paid Group Life and ADD insurance
* 401(k) plan with w/Company Match
* Paid Vacation, sick days and holidays
* Continuing Education and Professional Development Programs
* Scholarship/Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Flexible scheduling
* Employee Discounts: Cell Service, Theme Parks and much more!: