Heritage is seeking an experienced Certified Nurse Aide Instructor to join our team! This position will be responsible for providing students with the knowledge and skills necessary to complete the nursing assistant training program. The CNA Instructor utilizes teaching skills, experience, and abilities to create a positive, nurturing environment for students. The Instructor is also responsible for supervising students in a clinical training setting.
* Competitive compensation
* Paid time off
* Holiday pay
* Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
* Voluntary benefit policies offered
* Retirement plan
* Wellness program with fitness center discounts
* Mobile phone discount
* Great team to work alongside
* Must possess at least 2 years of RN nursing experience and a minimum of 1 year experience caring for the elderly or chronically ill in a healthcare facility; Long-term care experience is a plus
* Must possess at least one of the following qualifications: (1) Must have at least 1 year experience providing services for patients with Alzheimer's disease related dementias and at least one semester of formal teaching experience. OR (2) Documentation of completion of a specialized workshop or other training for instruction in Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
* Possess excellent customer service and communication skills to work with a diverse population, students, and caregivers at all levels of the organization
* Availability to conduct 8-week Basic Nurse Aide Training Programs at various facility locations
* Some travel required
* Must have good computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
* Current and good standing Registered Nurse (RN) license for the state of Illinois
* Possess current documentation of CPR training at the health care provider level or health care provider instructor level from a nationally recognized program. Examples - American Heart Association: BLS for Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
* Must possess a certificate indicating completion of an IDPH approved Train the Trainer workshop/program (employer willing to help employee obtain)
* Must continue education to ensure all licenses and certifications remain current and valid as well as ensuring all teaching material is up to date with most recent facility, state, and federal guidelines