Our faith-based mission is to enrich the lives of residents, staff and the community. Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.:
Currently hiring for:
PRN all shifts:
Alternating weekends and holidays required:
Current PA LPN license required:
The purpose of this position is to provide quality nursing care under the DHS Regulations to each individual resident. Each LPN must take into consideration the resident’s unique needs and both their mental and physical abilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPECTATIONS – Supervisors and leaders:
* Leadership Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
* Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
* Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
* Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
* Leadership Practice – Live out servant leadership through frequent individual attentativeness to your work team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Responsible for administering and charting medications using the computerized medication delivery system.
* Responsible to ensure refills are ordered from pharmacy following proper procedures in a timely manner.
* Responsible to complete treatments per physician orders.
* Responsible to obtain vital signs per medication protocol.
* Responsible to assess, respond to and report resident clinical and behavior changes to the LPN Clinical Coordinator, Director of Personal Care, Social services Coordinator and family.
* Responsible to assess skin condition of residents, implement appropriate procedures for skin tears; report areas of concern to LPN Clinical Coordinator.
* Responsible to complete or assist with all required documentation/forms in a timely manner – admissions/discharges, transfers to hospital, assessments, support plans, DME/MA51’s, etc.
* Responsible to be flexible and able to assume the LPN role wherever/whenever needed when in the building.
* Responsible to call the MD and take verbal orders for resident treatment and care.
* Responsible to perform all duties within the LPN scope of practice. (i.e catheterizations, bladder scans, difficult or LPN specified treatments, etc.)
* Responsible to act as the LPN Supervisor “in house” when there is no CC in the building. (i.e weekend shifts, holidays, etc.)
* A high school diploma or equivalent.
* Current PA license to practice as an LPN and have experience in a healthcare environment.
* The LPN is responsible to the Director of Personal Care, LPN Clinical Coordinator/Assistant LPN Clinical Coordinator.
* The LPN will maintain a current license to practice nursing in PA.