Our faith-based mission is to enrich the lives of residents, staff and the community. Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.:
Currently hiring for:
FT/PT: 1st and 2nd shift:
Premium rate weekend:
E/O weekend and PRN: all shifts:
Current CNA certification required:
The purpose of this position is to provide quality nursing care. This care will be performed in accordance with Mennonite Home Communities Mission Statement and Philosophy of Care.
* Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
* Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
* Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
* Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Personal hygiene needs of the resident – i.e., bathing, dressing, hair care, mouth care, shaving, toileting, nail care.
* Assist with activity program for all residents.
* Addressing the needs of incontinent residents. Changing bed linens.
* Lifting, turning, and transferring residents, as needed or as scheduled. Proper use of mechanical lifts requires 2 staff for all transfers.
* Serving meals and snacks, feeding those who require help; providing fluids.
* Perform restorative nursing functions as needed.
* Call bells will be answered in a timely manner.
* Observing and reporting any change in resident’s condition to LPN or RN.
* Responsible to complete and document all areas of care using the Care Tracker system: weights/reweighs, BM records, restraint records (when applicable) input and output and meal percentages, ADLs, mood/behavior, toileting.
* Responsible to adhere to standard/universal precautions and infection control techniques.
* Responsible to provide care in a manner that maintains resident’s dignity and state of well-being.
* The necessary skills to deal with confused, combative, disoriented residents calmly and professionally.
* Responsible to safely transport residents in wheelchairs to treatment units and recreational programs.
* Responsible to perform routine 1:1’s with residents for ten minutes for each shift worked.
* Responsible to maintain neat, clean resident rooms, whirlpool rooms and linen rooms.
* Responsible to carry out duties assigned by the Community Life Coordinator, Clinical Coordinator, or Care Coordinator.
* Responsible to function as a household team member wherever assigned demonstrating a positive, helpful attitude; willing to assist as needed.
* Responsible to function as part of the household which may include serving and cleaning up resident meals, light housekeeping duties, and participation in recreational activities.
* Deliver residents unopened mail.
* Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned
* A high school diploma or GED.
* Membership on the Nurse Aide Registry, as monitored by PA Department of Health.
* The Caregiver/Nursing Assistant is responsible to the RN or LPN in charge.
* Responsible to the Communitiy Life Coordinator