Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.:
Currently hiring for: RN Shift Supervisor:
FT/PT 2nd shift; PRN all shifts:
Current PA RN license, minimum 3 years RN Supervisory experience, genuine love for the elderly, strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills, experience in long term care preferred:
The purpose of this position is to provide supervision for nursing personnel, act as a resource person; ensure that quality nursing care is given to all Mennonite Home Communities’ residents.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPECTATIONS – Supervisors and leaders:
* Leadership Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
* Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
* Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
* Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
* Leadership Practice – Live out servant leadership through frequent individual attentativeness to your work team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* The ability to plan, prioritize, organize, delegate and implement job responsibilities. High degree of exactness.
* The ability to communicate calmly and gently with residents and family members exhibiting patience, compassion, understanding and sensitivity.
* The ability to supervise, motivate, train, define Mennonite Home Standards and communicate effectively with staff.
* The ability to provide leadership in any emergency.
* The ability to recognize and respond to adverse signs and symptoms.
* The ability to be flexible, accept change and adapt to new assignments; good time management skills.
* The ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
* Knowledge of Care Plan update; basic computer knowledge.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Responsible to ensure that quality services are provided efficiently and effectively in the nursing area.
* Responsible to implement and/or assist as necessary with the following nursing procedures:
* Skilled nursing treatments.
* Mantoux tests and Finger stick Blood Sugars (Logs/Control-Night shift).
* Coordinate calls to physicians.
* Complete rounds in assigned area twice a shift to assess resident’s condition and needs.
* Monitor and ensure that all aspects of nursing documentation are completed in a timely, accurate manner.
* Respond in person to any emergency situation.
* Ensure all aspects of death procedures are completed.
* Serve as a resource person for all nursing staff.
* Responsible to perform the following supervisory functions:
* Ensure Mennonite Home staffing levels are maintained; find relief staff for unscheduled absences.
* Give and take report – (communicate new orders, problems, family issues, etc.).
* Address staff concerns in assigned areas throughout the shift as necessary; resolve staff problems in consultation with the Clinical Coordinator/DON.
* Demonstrate a mature, positive attitude; facilitate a team spirit; help LPNs and caregivers deal with stressful days.
* Provide input for Performance Appraisal Forms; issue verbal and 1st written warnings and implement any disciplinary decisions as assigned.
* Train or retrain LPNs or Caregivers as necessary.
* Maintain safety standards and procedures; monitor light duty staff.
* Be a resource person for LPNs.
* Responsible to ensure nursing care is performed in accordance with physicians’ orders; perform resident care as needed to maintain quality services.
* Responsible to share in Care Planning functions:
* Communicate assignments to appropriate staff.
* Have knowledge of Quality Indicators of nursing process.
* Have knowledge of regulations for MDS/Care Planning and ensure that staff develops Care Plans per Federal and State regulations.
* Be a leader/monitor for meetings; facilitate time-appropriate discussions.
* Communicate with Department Directors, as needed, to ensure that inter-disciplinary staff is completing care plan functions appropriately.
* Responsible to communicate necessary information to all levels of nursing in a timely, accurate manner.
* Responsible to attend RN and other appropriate meetings.
* Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned.
* Current PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
* Two to four years related experience and/or training, preferred in a skilled nursing or retirement facility.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* The RN supervisor is responsible to the Director of Nursing.
* The RN supervisor relates as a team member with others in nursing.
* Basic computer skills needed. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.
* The RN Supervisor will maintain an RN license o practice nursing in PA.