Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
Come and join our growing team in a beautiful area of Northern California. Work in a unique setting where your expertise is applied across a variety of settings: inpatient, outpatient and SNF. Our small community hospital is big on delivering the highest level of rehab care in the North State! Feel what it is like to truly make a difference in a wonderful rural community.
Under the direction of the Director of Rehabilitation Therapy Services and/or Rehab Supervisor, the Physical Therapist plans, organizes, develops, administers, directs, and supervises Physical Therapy services in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, regulations, and guidelines to ensure the highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. Effective supervisory skills are needed, along with good communication skills for departmental and interdepartmental relationships. The individual in this position must have initiative, be innovative, possess a sense of responsibility, integrity and sound judgment; follow standards of proper conduct, and abide by facility policies and standards of care. This position does provide direct patient care to adult and geriatric patients, including comprehensive assessment, individual and group treatment, and supervision of treatment delivered by Physical Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapy support staff, and Physical Therapy students. The Physical Therapist contributes to program development, quality improvement, program assessment, and departmental policy and procedure development.
Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization. Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the state. At least two (2) years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist is preferred. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written individualized plan of care. This may include, but not be limited to:
* Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
* Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM and transfer capabilities. Less a goal of rehab, more a focus on maintaining comfort.
* Directing physical therapy treatment.
* Provides equipment required to increase patient function and independence.
* Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
* Determining priority needs for physical therapy
* Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
* Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/ caregivers in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participat¬ing in case conferences.
* May educate patient in the use of prosthetic device.
* Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
* Participates in patient discharge planning. Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals directed by organization policy.
* Provides physical therapy consultation to families/caregivers, as appropriate.
* Provides in-service education programs for nursing personnel as needed.
* Participates in the interdisciplinary group.
* Actively participates in the quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
* Participates in home health orientation program.
* Provides supervision of physical therapy assistants and hospice aides, as appropriate.