Colusa Medical Center, provides both inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency services, to the surrounding community bringing exceptional healthcare and service to our community.
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
* Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
* Provide accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
* Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
* Assists the registered nurse or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties, which include preparing equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic technique as required, and assisting the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
* Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, SW, ST, Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor.
* Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
* Participates in personal, professional growth and development.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program. Has three (3) years of nursing experience, and effective January 1, 1998 shall have one (1) year prior professional nursing experience in a community/home or medical/surgical setting.. Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the State. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.